IWorkForCannabis is dedicated to helping businesses and governments evolve humanity by understanding the benefits and responsibilities of this plant.
“If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.”General George Patton
Is IWorkForCannabis for you?
- Are you interested in starting a cannabis business?
- Do you know how to attract outside investment?
- Do you know how to build a business plan?
- Do you need to understand Seed to Sale tracking?
- Do you want to know which Point Of Sale system to implement and why?
- Do you want to know how your brand will be perceived?
- Government education and implementation of regulatory programs
The cannabis industry is like Alice in Wonderland. The Queen is running around chopping people’s heads off, while the rabbit is in a constant state of “late”, and the only one making any sense is the Mad Hatter.
About Mark Goldfogel
Mark is a true pioneer in both the marijuana and hemp industries. He helped solve problems for Fortune 100’s John Deere Corporation and ADP before before opening a technical consulting practice that has ultimately manifested into IWorkForCannabis.
Mark’s passion to end cannabis prohibition began when he recovered from a life threatening bout of Peritonitis in 2007 and learned the potent anti-nausea value of this medicine. Since then, his focus has been steadfast on providing the systems and infrastructure that allow cannabis to be embraced by government and banking. He has also worked with companies like TetraLabs.com to help them dramatically expand their market presence and distribution.
Mark has been instrumental in helping me understand the critical aspects necessary to properly regulate and evolve the complex cannabis industry.Fiona MaTreasurer of California
Mark is one of the sharpest minds in the software and POS systems I know of. He is someone you can learn something from in every conversation and who is someone I trust and respect.Scott JordanVertical Companies
Steven SiegelFounder BioTrack THC
News and Media
What Makes IWorkForCannabis Different?
Founder or co-founder of seven companies, four in the cannabis industry since 2010.
Our Founder has a Unique Background
- Published first software at 17.
- Management and Director level positions at John Deere Corporation and ADP.
- Helped evolve four transactions systems each responsible for tracking $1B+.
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude Denver University School of Business in Marketing
- Branded four companies in the cannabis industry and three additional startups outside the industry.
- Published author of Smoking Something: The Cannabis Paradox
- Development of original sales strategy for MJ Freeway.
- Software sales and development positions at ADP.
- Owned successful technical support and web development company.
Executive Vice President
- First financial institution whose field of membership mandated the support of the hemp and cannabis movement.
- Helped establish The Fourth Corner branding and recognition
- Helped find seed funding for the organization
- Primary liaison between the cannabis industry and the financial services industry
- Currently representing the non-profit credit union on behalf of the industry pro-bono
Chief Executive Officer
- First system guaranteed to meet any banking compliance guidelines for the legitimization of cannabis
- Branded the company
- Signed integration agreements with three Seed to Sale providers promising over 700 kiosk pre-orders
- Convinced numerous banks to openly accept cannabis deposits as a result of kiosk functionality. Banks withdrew under regulator pressure to not service the industry
- Fully divested 2016
Chief Technical Officer
- Built online ordering and delivery tracking system
- Integrated credit card processing
- Online patient recommendation verification process
- Established collective patient count to justify manufacturing process in California
Founder 2010 – 2013
Chief Marketing Officer
- Named the company
- Branded the company through the first two websites.
- Headed sales and marketing.
- Created the Customer Advisory Board
- Created and promoted the paradigm “Seed to Sale Tracking”
- First system guaranteed to meet any government compliance guidelines for the legitimization of cannabis.
- First ArcView presenter in history
- 2+ years full-time founder grew the company to 300+ clients, personally obtained three private bridge loans, two website builds, grew the company to cash flow positive prior to any non-founder equity investment.
- Launched MJ Platform in 2012 as the legitimacy platform for data exchange.
- $5+B database – the fourth in Mark’s career.
- Fully divested 2013
*References to MJ Freeway are made to describe Mark’s background and contribution to the cannabis industry and MJ Freeway, and are not an endorsement from the company or its co-founders.
Non-cannabis related experience
2005 – 2010
- High-end transaction processing and custom web development company.
- Sold 2010 to current WEBDOGS.COM
2002 – 2010
- Information technology consulting
- High-touch technical support in Telluride, CO.
- Network, backup, security, repair, consulting.
- Sold 2010 to become Founder MJ Freeway
1994 – 2000
- Director Industry Relations
- Helped secure 28 exclusive automobile manufacturer endorsements
- Service Pricing Guide database. $T+ database system.
1990 – 1994
- Data design for rental management program. $1B+ database system.
- Part’s type classification. $1B+ database system.
- Field manager for Northwest US
Interesting facts about Mark
Contact IWorkForCannabis to evolve your Business or Government
Contact IWorkForCannabis to evolve your Business or Government.